The Internet is crawling with facts on the benefits of using visuals in social media marketing efforts:
- Humans are able to process images more quickly and efficiently than text (source)
- Engagement rate of social media posts with visuals is higher than those without (source)
- Quality of visuals play a more important role in the customer purchase decision process than product descriptions and ratings (source)
Marketers are quickly realizing these benefits and we are now exposed to a variety of visuals (charts, info-graphics, pictures) on a regular basis. Mainstream media is also increasing their use of visuals (e.g. NY Times, Bloomberg) and we are becoming more and more accustomed to consuming information in this manner.
In conjunction with our content marketing efforts, our sales presentations (and other types of presentations) also need to consistently use visuals to improve customer engagement. Many times, however, these presentations tend to be a little stale with out-of-date templates and a lot of text. Here are a few suggestions on how to effectively use visuals in your presentations:
- Between all your marketing teams build shared repository of visuals to ensure consistency across all your customer touch points
- Invest in high-quality visuals that are relevant to your messaging
- Keep an eye on image sizes especially if the presentations will be consumed on a mobile device
We’ve had the opportunity to speak with a few in-house expert presentation builders and they confirmed that their companies are making significant investments to improve their visuals. From their website to PowerPoint files, visuals and templates are being carefully redesigned to better improve customer interactions.
At TeamSlide we help PowerPoint users better manage their visuals and ensure that they have seamless access to them. Quickly build a shared repository of images, diagrams, templates, and charts. Save time by accessing them directly through PowerPoint – you won’t have to hunt for slides or visuals ever again.