In this walk-through, you’ll learn how to add users in the TeamSlide Web Portal. Note that you’ll need the appropriate global permissions to see these tabs.
1. In the TeamSlide Web Portal, click the User tab in the Main Menu.
2. Observe two tabs at the top where you can either ‘Manage existing users’ or ‘Add new user.’ Select ‘Add new user.’
3. Fill out the following fields:
- Display name – Name displayed to other users.
- Email – The email address you want to be tied to this TeamSlide account.
- Login name – A unique ID used for logging in. We recommend using the email address for this.
There are optional checkbox options below ‘Login name.’ Ensure the Send welcome message box is checked to send the user an email, enabling them to set their password and download the PowerPoint add-in.
Optional user settings:
- Must change password: Forces users to reset their password on the next login. This is only used when you configure a password for the user.
- Password never expires: When enabled, TeamSlide will never prompt you to change your password.
- Send welcome message: Sends an email to a new user with installation instructions and a link to set their password. This is automatically selected when you add a new user. Unselect this option if you want to set a specific password for the user.
- Technical account: An account that is typically not tied to a user and is often used for content replication.
- Disable account: You can disable a user by enabling this setting.
- Create library for new user: Creates a new library with read/write permissions only for this user.
- Disable approval notifications: If checked, the user will not receive notifications about new content submissions or approval decisions.
- Don’t update time zone: TeamSlide automatically updates your current time zone upon using the PowerPoint add-in. Check this box if you don’t want your time zone automatically updated.
- Member of groups: Add a user to an available user group.
4. Click ‘Save.’ View all users and edit current users under the ‘Manage existing users’ tab.