TeamSlide allows you to set permissions within libraries on a user or group level. You can control who can see specific content in your TeamSlide libraries.
1. Log into the TeamSlide Web Portal. Click the Libraries tab on the Main Menu panel.
2. You’ll notice two tabs at the top where you can either ‘Manage existing libraries’ or ‘Add new library.’ Select Manage existing libraries.
3. Identify the library that you want to adjust and select Edit permissions.
4. Within the permissions view of the specific library you selected, you’ll notice a few rows of users/groups. Each section of rows has permission options. Note: Everybody includes all users.
A search bar at the bottom allows you to look up users or groups to add to the library access list. Click Add to include the user/group in the library permission settings.
5. After adding users and groups that you want to manage, adjust permissions for each.
- None: Users/groups cannot see the library
- Read: User/group can only view and download the library contents but cannot make changes.
- Add/edit own: Users/groups can only add slides and edit the content they own (Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or through Batch Upload. This does not apply when connected to a CMS which is a read-only interface.)
- Add/edit all: Edit anyone’s content (Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or Batch Upload. This does not apply when connected to a CMS. This does not work when connected to a CMS which is a read-only interface.)
- Admin: Read/write access for all content, allow changes in permissions, take ownership of content, and access deleted content from the history.
- Edit custom: Custom options allow you to adjust permissions on a more granular level and mix and match options.
6. To customize permissions further, click Edit custom. In the pop-up window, adjust the settings, then click Ok.
7. If you have some users with ‘Read’ access, consider checking ‘Enable submitting updates for approval.’ This setting allows those users to submit new and updated content for approval in the library selected. Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or Batch Upload. When connected to a CMS, users can suggest updates through an email that TeamSlide facilitates.)
8. Click Save changes.