TeamSlide, a PowerPoint slide manager, enables you to control access to your slide library. In this walk-through, you’ll learn how to add users, establish user groups, and configure library permissions in the TeamSlide portal. After logging in, you’ll notice the three tabs, ‘Users,’ ‘User Groups,’ and ‘Libraries’ grouped (see below). These are the tabs we will be working in. Note that you’ll need the appropriate global permissions to see these tabs.
Adding a User
1. Click the ‘User’ tab on the Main Menu panel.
2. Observe two tabs at the top where you can either ‘Manage existing users’ or ‘Add new user.’ Select ‘Add new user.’
3. Fill out the following fields:
- Display name – Name displayed to other users.
- Email – The email address you want to be tied to this TeamSlide account.
- Login name – A unique ID used for logging in. We recommend using the email address for this.
There are optional checkbox options below ‘Login name.’ Ensure the ‘Send welcome message’ box is checked to send the user an email, enabling them to set their password and download the PowerPoint add-in.
Optional user settings:
- Must change password: Forces users to reset their password on the next login. This is only used when you configure a password for the user.
- Password never expires: When enabled, TeamSlide will never prompt you to change your password.
- Send welcome message: Sends an email to a new user with installation instructions and a link to set their password. This is automatically selected when you add a new user. Unselect this option if you want to set a specific password for the user.
- Technical account: An account that is typically not tied to a user and is often used for content replication.
- Disable account: You can disable a user by enabling this setting.
- Create library for new user: Creates a new library with read/write permissions only for this user.
- Disable approval notifications: If checked, the user will not receive notifications about new content submissions or approval decisions.
- Don’t update time zone: TeamSlide automatically updates your current time zone upon using the PowerPoint add-in. Check this box if you don’t want your time zone automatically updated.
- Member of groups: Add a user to an available user group
4. Click ‘Save.’ View all users and edit current users under the ‘Manage existing users’ tab.
Creating a User Group
User groups help organize TeamSlide users, typically by role and the content they use. By organizing users into groups, you can quickly adjust permissions for many users at one time.
- Under the Main Menu panel, click ‘User groups.’ Note two options at the top: ‘Manage existing groups’ and ‘Add new group.’
2. Click ‘Add new group.’
3. Enter ‘Group name’ (e.g., Sales team, Marketing, Graphic designers, etc.)
4. You can also search for a particular user that you’d like to add to the group within the search bar. You can always add users to groups at a later time.
5. Click ‘Save.’ You can view all existing groups under the ‘Manage existing groups’ tab.
Note: With single sign-on, you can automatically assign users to groups based on claims supplied by your authentication system (e.g., role, location)
Creating a Library
What are TeamSlide libraries?
A library is a container for content (slides, images, videos) that primarily defines its access rights. Additionally, a library can be used in TeamSlide to filter search results and modify search relevancy.
- Click the ‘Libraries’ tab on the Main Menu panel.
2. There are two tabs at the top where you can either ‘Manage existing libraries’ or ‘Add new library.’ Select ‘Add new library.’
3. Fill out the ‘Name.’ Other optional settings:
- Display position: To order our libraries numerically, change the ‘Display position’ (e.g., 1,2,3) for each library.
Pro Tip: keep a gap between numbers (e.g., 5, 10, 15) so that later you can easily add a new library between existing ones
- Search relevance: To increase search relevance of a library, increase the value to be higher than zero. For example, you may want to do this for content that you know is “client-ready” and make libraries that are not “client-ready” less relevant.
- Add read/write permissions for me: Here, you can give yourself permission for this library.
Adjusting Library Permissions
TeamSlide allows you to set permissions within libraries on a user or group level.
1. Click the ‘Libraries’ tab on the Main Menu panel.
2. You’ll notice two tabs at the top where you can either ‘Manage existing libraries’ or ‘Add new library.’ Select ‘Manage existing libraries’
3. Identify the library that you want to adjust and select ‘Edit permissions’
4. Within the permissions view of the specific library you selected, you’ll notice a few rows of users/groups. Each section of rows has permission options. Here, you can add or hide users.
A search bar at the bottom allows you to look up users or groups to add to the list.
5. After adding users and groups that you want to manage, adjust permissions for each.
- None: Users/groups cannot see the library
- Read: User/group can only view and download the library contents but cannot make changes.
- Add/edit own: Users/groups can only add slides and edit the content they own (Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or through Batch Upload. This does not apply when connected to a CMS which is a read-only interface.)
- Add/edit all: Edit anyone’s content (Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or Batch Upload. This does not apply when connected to a CMS. This does not work when connected to a CMS which is a read-only interface.)
- Admin: Read/write access for all content, allow changes in permissions, take ownership of content, and access deleted content from the history.
- Edit custom: Custom options allow you to adjust permissions on a more granular level and mix and match options.
6. To customize permissions further, click ‘Edit Custom.’ In the pop-up window, adjust the settings, then click ‘Ok.’
7. If you have some users with ‘Read’ access, consider checking ‘Enable submitting updates for approval.’ This setting allows those users to submit new and updated content for approval in the library selected. Only for content that is uploaded through PowerPoint or Batch Upload. When connected to a CMS, users can suggest updates through an email that TeamSlide facilitates.)
8. Click ‘Save changes.’
Have more questions? Please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org