We added a fantastic new feature to TeamSlide: videos. Now, in addition to PowerPoint slides and images, you can easily add videos to your presentation. While we typically call TeamSlide a slide management tool, we have extended our content to reach well beyond. With this new capability, you can search, preview, and insert a video from your CMS (e.g., SharePoint, Box, Google Drive) into your PowerPoint presentation with a click.
We love using videos in PowerPoint for these reasons:
- Brings your story to life: storytelling doesn’t only have to utilize words and images. By using videos, you can break up the text and keep your audience’s attention.
- Says more with fewer bullets: there is a limit to how much text is practical on slides. Videos help your audience quickly understand complex concepts and messages.
- Evokes emotion: the best, most engaging presentations evoke emotion in the audience. Videos can establish the tone of your message, whether that be serious, inspirational, or comical.
Let’s dive in and see what our developers have rolled out:
- Insert videos: preview and insert videos into your presentation… without leaving PowerPoint.
- Search your CMS: seamlessly search videos in your content system (e.g. SharePoint, Box, Google Drive, Dropbox)
Here’s how to bring your videos (and images) into TeamSlide from your CMS:
- Log into your TeamSlide portal in your web browser (www.teamslide.io)
2. Click ‘Content Replication’ on the bottom of the menu
3. Select the ‘Replication tasks’ tab
4. Under this tab, you will see the tasks that pull content from specific folders in your content management system. Under ‘Action’, select ‘Edit’
5. Click to check the ‘Image files’ and ‘Video files’ options. Make sure to click ‘Save’.
6. TeamSlide will sync with your connected folders to make your images and videos searchable.
If you need help connecting your CMS to TeamSlide, check out this video:
Pro Tip: If you don’t have a content management system (CMS), you can use our batch upload feature to upload/add videos directly into TeamSlide.
If you need any help getting started with this feature, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, enjoy the new capabilities and the extra productivity!